Sign in to follow this  
kungfumonkey

Homemade Iontophoresis

To help solve the fear of the stainless steel impurities, you can use plastic tray and buy the plates from authorized dealer.

At the end of the day, how effective can it stop the HH. I am holding good for about 6 days after each treatment.

Hey everybody, new member here.

Came across this site yesterday, after very seriously considering ETS surgery for my sweaty palms. And I'm very glad I did.

I realized how serious ETS really is after reading a number of comments here, and how much havoc it can inflict on your body - and thanks to this thread, found out how easy it is to make your own iontophoresis setup at home instead of paying some $600-800 to buy a machine.

Making a machine like this is a piece of cake, you could do it for $30 in less than an hour, with little or no handyman skills whatsoever.

I've only had one treatment so far, so it'll be a good couple of weeks before the effects start setting in, but I already felt less palm sweat last night after the treatment, and this morning.

So, to the people who made this thread, thank you! And to people reading wondering if it can be done, yes, it can be done, and with the good chances that iontophoresis will work for you, you might as well try. Especially if you're considering a sympathectomy like I was.

Thanks especially to bukitimah for posting the YouTube video link before; there's been an update to the video since then - it's the same idea but with a cheaper and simpler setup now. This is exactly what I did yesterday after reading this thread, it's $30 + $20 if you also want a voltmeter.

Hi everybody, I am back after so many months. Yes, I am still doing the weekly treatment using my home-made machine. Yes, once a week, every Sunday for half an hour. Half hour then switch polarity.

It holds well for a week. No side effect and in fact if I am not under stress, relaxing at home, I feel my palm is a bit too dry.

I posting here just to share with you guys because I found this site and have benefited from it. Just don't know how to thanks those that have willingly share their experiences so that other can also benefit.

BTW, belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

I to have made up my own like the one in the youtube video. I also suffer axillary HH so I've tried to improvise by using cotton wool doused in water attached to the alligator clips and more recently sponges. To be honest I'm not sure if its working for my underarms but its seems to be for my hands.

Just a tip for anyone who may consider what I'm doing for underarms, start with a 6volt battery as anything more will shock you. Even with 6volts I can only manage about 10min as it gets to painful. I assume its due to being more concentrated than if it was in a pan of water.

I think If the circuit of iontophoresis didn't change, the current was depending on the Input Volgate. 20V  would give about 5-10mA according to skin resistance. Human skin resistance about 1K to 2K or more (it's variable). So if anyone want to increase the current, increast the voltage is necessary. (Of course, Must try to decrease skin resistance first). It's my opinion, I hope some suggestion or question about my opinion.  It's not my exertise.