Making You Own Wipes

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm toying with the idea of making my own glycopyrrolate (robinul) facial wipes.

On Sciencelab.com, you can buy glycopyrrolate for $143 for 1 gram ($502 for 5 grams). I know that glycop is soluble in both water and alcohol, therefore it seems to me that one should be able to make 1, 2 or 3% pads; one could probably even use cut up baby wipes for the pad material.

Anyone ever tried this or have thoughts on this............

Posted · Report post

I am sure you could do it, it would be nice if glycopyrrolate wasn't so damn expensive. How many pads could come from 5 grams?

Posted · Report post

Good post , this is something ive been thinking about for a long time.

The glycopyrrolate on that site, can anyone buy it ? also do they ship the uk ?

Is that all you would need, water + glycopyrrolate ? How many pads could you make with 1 gram ?

Posted · Report post

I have no clue how much a gram is (isn't that dependent on weight) but it seems to me at first blush that a gram would be equal to 1000 1.0 mg capsules.

Isn't that right...no one told me there would be math.

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I tried researching on the internet to find out how much gly. is in secure wipes (only had the percent)

But a Robinul tablet has 1 mg of gly. in it, so you're right, you could make 1000 capsules.

Considering that secure wipes can be well up to 60 bucks with shipping, and 100 Avert 1 mg. pills 50 bucks w/ shipping, you would save some money.

I think you would just have to make them carefully and know what you're doing.

Sorry if this wasn't too helpful.

-Nikki

Posted · Report post

Update: I scratched the "making pads" idea when it dawned on me that all i really wanted was to apply the liquid on my forehead and scalp. Sooo, what I did was purchase a small spray bottle from the drugstore, I put in one flattened teaspoon of glycopyrrolate, followed by 19 teaspoons of water. According to my questionable math skills, this gives me a 5% glycopyrrolate solution. You don't even need to shake the solution -- the glycopyrrolate dissolves almost instantly in water and stays dissolved even after sitting on the shelf for days.

Stuff works great. I spray my forehead and upper portions of my scalp and I'm good to go....no sweating on either my forehead or on my hairline...

The thing to keep in mind is to make sure you are careful with a spray bottle not to get any in your eyes. This has not been a problem for me.

Posted · Report post

WHY DO THEY MAKE A SPARY FOR YOUR FOREHEAD. WHERE DO YOU GET IT AND HOW MUCH IS IT AND DOES IT REALLY WORK. AND HOW OFTEN DO YOU APPLY IT

Posted · Report post

Luke, how many grams of glycopyrrolate did you buy from science lab ?

Posted · Report post

You can buy glycopyrrolate solution (0.05%) on prescription in the UK, You can get 4 litres for £6.50 I think.

Posted · Report post

Luke, how many grams of glycopyrrolate did you buy from science lab ?

I've ordered the one gram for $143 but they are on backorder for another 4 weeks. I made my spray bottle concoction with the glyco capsules I had from a previous order. I opened up three capsules to fill a teaspoon.

Posted · Report post

This is great problem solving! These are the types of approaches that will bring us some relief. I am going to crush up some of my robinul tablets now and see if I can come up with similar results.

Posted · Report post

Can this be used on other parts of the body? And how many "doses" do you get for your cost of the glyco?

Sorry--I'm really new to this area of sympathetic nervous system being super stupid for me. A spray sounds fabulous. I have some Odaban that I ordered, though I haven't used it yet.

If someone can enlighten me on what glyco is, how it is applied, and does it build up a tolerance?

Main sweating areas--my armpits and butt/upper thighs. Would this be a viable option for someone like me?

Yes, I get sweaty palms and feet, but those concern me far less than the other things. Working on a DIY ionto unit for that bit.

Posted · Report post

Here is a description of Robinul:

http://excessive-sweating.net/sweat_oralmed.html

It is an oral medication, and we are talking about dissolving it in water for topical application.

In fact, you could probably even crush up robinul and dissolve it in Obadan, and get the effects of the aluminum chloride and robinul together. You could probably use it on other parts of your body, though I am not sure how effective it would be.

Of course, check with a doctor before you do any of this, as robinul is a prescription drug :wink: :wink:

Posted · Report post

This is a very old post, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this with the generic tablets. I couldn't use them because of the timing, etc., that was needed, but it would be great if I could do this just using the tabs that I have. I have like 300 1 mg tabs, and could figure out the math...

Thanks!